Friday, December 31, 2010

Totally unexpected

We are living in strange times. Many people across this great country are struggling just to get food on the table, and gas in the car to get to work. So many are out of work and just praying for mercy that I hope comes to them. Why do some struggle and others don't? It's a question that may never be answered for me. I am always so grateful to the Lord for the work I get to do. Gary and I have both always had amazing employers and as hard as it is to get up in the morning and head out the door for a long day we are grateful for work and the faithfulness of God. Today I had a ginormous surprise, something I had no idea  was coming. My manager called me in her office and gave me a raise. And a nice one at that! My review was due, I expected to get a good review but the extra was just beyond words. I know that God sees way bigger than I do. This is just another example of Him working in our life. Gary and I have really struggled this year. We had to buckle way down and cut way back. We save for everything, if we don't have cash we don't get it. And we think long and hard before any purchases. We had to save all year just to give the kids a good Christmas. And through all this we were given above and beyond everything we need. Things in our home seem to last longer, food, other daily items and gas in our cars. I know that it's God! Some that read this post will think this was not a blessing but due to hard work. This was God. I do nothing without Him. I have been working at this institution for almost 10 years. I have always had excellent reviews and deserved pay raises and promotions,however in an unstable financial market, this was nothing short of a miracle from my Heavenly Father! I am blessed and thankful beyond words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.