Friday, July 22, 2011

The Greatness of Our God

This week has been full of bad news stress and sickness. On Monday I received a word that my good friend Lisa lost her brother to cancer. This was a long battle for JT and he fought so hard. On Tuesday we were watching the news and a story came on about a family who had been camping in Wyoming they were caught in a flash flood the father was able to escape and even rescue a driver in another car, but he was unable to save his wife and three daughters. This gentleman was our family doctor. A very sweet young man that I work with. He and his wife were expecting their first baby. They went full term with a healthy pregnancy and during delivery the baby was with out oxygen for about eight minutes. This young couple is now being told they have a very difficult choice to make. Leave this precious baby on life support or send her back home to Jesus. All this and I have a horrible case of pneumonia, and my poor dad had to have another shoulder surgery.
In the stress of life there is only one who can be called upon for strength and that is our ever faithful Lord.
I can see my friends brother pain free and eternally happy with his saviour. My doctors babies were all adopted. Two girls were from China and one from Korea. This was a beautiful life that was given to each of these girls. And though they were taken home, their life will continue to bring joy to other adopted children. The family is asking that in lieu of flowers that donations be made to Half the Sky Foundation a local adoption agency. And my friend with his beautiful fragile newborn, what a blessing getting to hold and love that baby. God will no doubt intervene and give them guidance. And I am so very thankful for the gift of modern medicine because I know that God works and Heals in so many ways. There is always the Greatness of our God we just have to remember to seek Him first, and then listen. God will always bring peace.
Please join me in prayer for each of these families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.