Saturday, November 28, 2015

Starting Over Journey

I will never forget the hundredth time I read Romans 12:1 for the first time with new eyes.  It was a life changing moment for me. I'm praying this verse once again tonight as I start a new journey next week. My hope is in living for Him and His glory, not to conform to this world. My strength and validation is in Christ alone. As dumb as this may sound to some my weight is a constant burden on my mind. I have worked incredibly hard to lose weight and have been very successful with diet and exercise. However since May I have been at a horrible weight loss plateau. This month has been the first in over a year that the scale has moved up. I can see I'm loosing muscle and getting heavy in my middle. I work out I eat right and this really breaks my heart and is incredibly discouraging. Tonight, I know that I have been half hearted in my efforts and need the strength of God moving forward. I'm going to to a liquid fast for a couple of weeks. I need to strengthen my dependency on Christ and remove the toxins in my body and feel empty of myself. I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks but I feel God asking me to reevaluate my priorities, and I will be obedient. I'm needing to take a step back from some things and refocus on my dependency on God.  Tomorrow I'm thankful to lead worship, I'm thankful because I love to leave everything at the feet of Jesus, yes I can worship on my own but there is something very special in corporate times and I feel God calling for something special tomorrow.  And God fills me when I worship Him. Tomorrow I'm going on a starting over journey. My body is a living sacrifice, I'm praying that God remind me and carry me once again on this road. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.