Friday, September 7, 2018

Community

Feeling alone when you know everyone in a room is an odd feeling. I read a quote today by Shelly Giglio that said “ the keys to ministry is to have a tender heart and thick skin.” I don’t believe that people understand ministry if they aren’t in it. I also don’t believe that people understand there is a very real enemy that is prowling around with demons constantly attacking and beating us down, unless they believe the words of the Bible. I have heard pastor’s and ministry leaders say time and again that ministry can be lonely. I have felt the lonely attacks of the enemy in a ferocious way lately. I must admit that just like everyone else my flesh is so weak, however, my God is so much bigger and in this season I believe He is moving in my weakness. We belong and I work for a LARGE church and we are growing, praise God! I know hundreds of people, I belong to an amazing staff who I think of as family and worship with an incredible passionate team of worship leaders. But yet I’m still longing for a deep connection. I am blessed to travel between our campuses which is amazing, however, this has a huge downfall. My family travels with me therefore never really putting down roots and seeing different people week to week. The people I work with and their families are the ones I  love the most and we are scattered over so many different buildings not to mention five service times, we hardly get to see or worship together. Part of my job and something I’m incredibly passionate about is building strong communities in Christ. It’s biblical, Jesus said we need community, iron sharpens iron.. I’m realizing I’m doing a great job at encouraging and building community and connecting people for everyone around, but me. I’m trusting God, His leading and His timing. It always amazes me how God works and moves in the different seasons of our lives. I love to write about these moments and revisit them and rejoice in the victory of God and the way He answers prayer. He always has an adventure for me and I’m in it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.