Saturday, December 22, 2018

Rest

I’m terrible at resting. I want everyone around me to rest to be okay. But then I stay up too late and get up too early and have every moment filled. Last week God asked me to take a day off. I listened and took the day to volunteer in Owen’s class run errands and eventually made my way back to the office. This was not what the Lord asked of me. Today I’m paying the price of disobedience. I’m in bed with a nasty cold begging God to heal me. I don’t have time to feel this way, today is one of the busiest days of the year I’m fully out of commission. And as I’m lying in bed with the chills I know God is right here with me. I try to be a good help to everyone around me, especially the people I love. Last night in my devotional I read that God always has my back, even if everyone around has disregarded me. He has my back and knows what is best. So as I try to shut my eyes to pray and sleep off the sick. I’m confident that God is working healing in my body. I don’t do New Years resolutions but as 2019 is approaching quickly I’m praying for a new perspective on rest and my calling. I have always been a hard worker, but I need new perspective and to see through the eyes of God. I want to be fleshless and full of His spirit. I’m desperately wanting things to be done by His will not my own. Shutting my eyes..finding rest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.