Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Very Favorite Thing Ever


I love Christmas and the coziness it brings to our family. I love cuddling every evening and watching a special Christmas movie. I love the snow and the way people are just a little bit more cheerful. I am excited because Gary and I both have some time off coming at the end of the week and I can hardly wait. But my very favorite thing about Christmas is Christmas Eve service at our church. Sitting with my husband and kids in church is the most wonderful feeling in the world. Because we are celebrating the birth of the One. I feel like a child waiting for Santa to come down the chimney! I am so thankful that I am scheduled to sing again this year. I love worship anytime of the year, but there is something so special  about getting to sing to our Lord on the Eve of His birth. I can't wait until that moment when the lights go down and the worship begins. I spent all most all day in my office listening to the new versions of O Holy Night and Let Us Adore Him. What powerful pieces of music I pray will honor the Prince of Peace. I am praying for our hearts to sing and play and not our flesh, I am praying that there is not a dry eye in the presence of the Lord during this service. I am prayerful that my family and friends remember the love and gift that was born to a virgin in a humble and cold stable. I pray we remember the star that shined and the angles who sang. I pray we remember the wise men who traveled so far to see the New Born King. Praise the Lord for this gift, this gift that none but He could give.
Please join us one of our services this weekend we would be honored to show you around.
Love and blessings this wonderful season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.