Monday, June 25, 2012

Blessings During a Fire

I have never doubted God and I know he is at work. Right now over 3600 acres are on fire in a heavily populated area of El Paso County. During this fire over 11500 people have been evacuated from their homes. And not one structure has been burned. Can we say this is an act of God, I think we can. Our city once again has proven that the Lord shines brighter than the Colorado Sun. Charities including the, Red Cross, Care and Share, Good Will, Salvation Army, The Humane Society, Penrose Equestrian Center, Hundreds of churches, Wal-Mart, Starbucks and small local business have been overwhelmed by charitable donations. I think its safe to say that the Lord is shining and working. Its a miracle that homes, business and human life has been spared. Our beautiful front range mountains and favorite parks and trails may never be the same, but with faith in our God we shall be able to once again to enjoy our out door Colorado.
Praying and lifting in prayer our friends that have been evacuated and are still not able to return home. I am asking all my family and friends to join me in prayer for the Guthrie Family, The Tomlinson Family and The Smartland Family. I also want to pray for our firefighters and all emergency personal. We need to remember our local media who have been on air for over 52 hours with no breaks. Our community is well updated and safe this evening. Special thanks to my favorite branch of the military the USAF for sending half the fleet of our C-130's that spray 3000 gallons of water in a single flight. Praise God for the Air Force!

We are hopeful that this fire will be contained soon and the Lords hand remain on our friends homes and businesses.
Here are some pictures I have taken from our deck tonight. This was the first night that we have been able to be outside with out smoke and ash flying overhead. The picture of Kissing Camels at Garden of the Gods I took from KOAA tv.
Blessings tonight during the storm.
Psalm 71:14
But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.