Monday, August 13, 2012

What does???

What does Red River Hickory, Pewter Green, Rare Grey and Collage Truffle all have in common??
These are all colors going into or on our home! We have been working so hard on our home this year! Gary and I have been so excited at all the changes. We started the summer off with the front yard. It has become so enjoyable. I love reading to the kids out there and we love our flower gardens. Lilly is our flower fairy, she is really great at helping me keep everything alive. Owen he is really great at picking all our flowers, we still love him!
We moved to the basement next where we pretty much gutted the entire place. We painted the walls, similar colors as the coffee shop at church and were given some new/gently used furniture from my parents. We got Gary a new TV and were given a stellar weight bench from our neighbor. The basement  has become a wonderful family place to watch movies. Gary has the surround sound up and it is the most comfortable movie theater in all the world!
We also are getting new wood flooring! Its called Red River Hickory and I have been looking forward to this floor thing for years! We placed our order last week with a neighbor that sells Direct Flooring. He is such a nice man and I have a feeling he gave us the neighbor discount!
Pewter Green and Rare Grey are going to be the colors on the outside of the house. I have a work friend who's family owns a painting business and he came and gave us an amazing estimate. I will have to buy him coffee for life. After the flooring and painting we are going to get a new sofa and love seat for our living room! This is going to feel like a whole new house by September! Lets just pray my paint choices are not like the whole copper penny mess! I don't think I can look at bad paint again for the next ten years!
God is so good to us. We both have been working so hard and saving for all these changes. We are blessed to have family and friends that have helped us out with improving our little home! We are super blessed. I will post before and after pictures next month when all is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.