Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oh Brother

When I was growing up I had a really good friend named Bruce Hartley he was so much fun and he looked out for me. Bruce and I met at school in the 5th grade and were great friends all through high school. One of my all time favorite memories was a late Friday night at the sand pits, this is where us Falcons from Falcon would just go and hang out. It usually involved cows, about thirty kids and a stolen barrel from the baseball stadium for our bon fire and hay... We were from Falcon people! Anyway being we were neighbors Bruce took me home.....ok sounds harmless except for the stolen barrel but it was like 3am and my Dad was in the driveway waiting for me. My good friend, and gentleman that he was Bruce said your dad is in the driveway and he pretty much threw me out of the car and drove away! We laughed at that for our entire senior year. It was a great memory. And when I run into Bruce we still laugh at that moment.
Any way I had a flashback to my days of playing chase with Bruce when our doorbell rang and there was this kid at my door asking for my daughter. I know my little Lilly and her little friend will probably grow up together and by the time they are in high school will have many memories. However if she ever comes home from anywhere at 3am with her friend pushing her out the door of a car so help me God I will just wallop her!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You and my brother were so dumb together! He loved you. I am going to tell him you blogged about him!
    Cassie :)

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.