Thursday, May 23, 2013

Won't You Be My Neighbor

God never fails to amaze me in the way He speaks. He reaches me in ways that surprise me and grabs my attention. For a good year now, Gary and I have been contemplating building a home out east. Just a thought really~ but we have looked at different homes in the Falcon, and Meridian Ranch area. I was a Falcon kid and oh boy did I have fun. I really wanted Lilly and Owen to have that small town feeling growing up like I did. Not so much the sand pit experience :) but the home town Basketball, Football game experience and they will have right here right where we live now! We never wanted to leave our home we love, this house. We have so much history as a family here, but something was nagging at us to look else where. God gives us these moments and thoughts so we will be open to his words reaching inside us. He never fails. Sure enough He answered the moving question with no doubts!
These past few Sundays at church we have been in a series called Won't You Be My Neighbor. This was an excellent series Gary and I took so much away from it. However this past Sunday it hit both of us. We are in the right place and we love not only our home but our neighbors! We know our neighbors. I am not just talking about my parents, whom we love and adore living up the street from. But rather I am talking about our other neighbors up and down our street. We know their stories and we have shared heart ache and fun times with them. We actually know our neighbors.... In this world where people drive into their garage and shut the door behind them we know the people who live next door, up the street and across the street. We have seen our neighbors lose loved ones, get married have kids get promotions, graduate by new furniture, do landscaping and redo kitchens and basements and make some darn good BBQ! Wow can we say God moment? I'll say it!! God Moment! He is so good at grabbing our attention and opening our eyes. He is amazing at making us realize the importance of where we are at right now. I love these moments and I am so looking forward to our summer in our new little sitting area enjoying conversation with the people we love... Our neighbors!
If you are interested in watching the Won't You Be My Neighbor series or any of our other series you can visit www.RadiantChurch.org .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.