Friday, September 13, 2013

Flooding

I really don't know what to say about the flooding. I am shocked and saddened. People have died and the damage is evident in historical parts of town. 
I am reminded if a beautiful woman I met several years ago after hurricane Katrina. This woman lost everything in that storm. She was beyond happy to be here in our beautiful city in the clouds. I will never forget her asking me why so many stores sell sand bags in the winter here.  I explained that we put sand bags in the trunks of our cars for extra weight, it helps to prevent the car from sliding on ice. She was terrified of water rising, and thought we had flooding here. I told her she would never had to worry about flooding a mile above sea level. I can't help but think of her. And pray she is safe. We have friends that drive that pass everyday we pray for their safety. 
Our beautiful city has gone through so much. In light of the storm His light still shines so brightly on our beloved city. 
God Bless. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.