Monday, October 14, 2013

Despite Feeling a Little Under The Weather

Today was a great day! I am still not feeling well but I could not muster sitting around again. The kids started their fall break today and I was off due to it being Columbus Day. When the kids and I are off together we have a tradition of going to Fargos Pizza, Lilly never lets me forget this so off to lunch we went!  Then we wondered around Target, really just to grab some apples, caramel and chocolate  for our next adventure. 
When we returned home Lilly and I made my famous enchiladas. My dad has been asking me to make them for months. They were really good tonight with, peppers, onions and  salsa. Yum... I took a picture of Garys with all the junk on it! They were a little hot for me wich was good since I can't breath! 
I have been promising Lilly we would make caramel apples since last week and today I gave in:)! This seems like it would be an easy adventure but to my surprise it wasn't! We looked all over target for the wrapped caramel pieces and could not find any so we had to use the dip. I just heated it up like normal and it worked fine. Lilly thought the apples needed some chocolate so we got some kisses and melted them down. In my Pinterest world they looked perfectly lathered in caramel and nicely drizzled with chocolate. Well.....in all reality the chocolate did not melt down enough to drizzle. So we just clumped it on the butt as Owen would call it! 
All in all today was a great day. I love these days when it's just me and my babies. They are growing so fast and I want to freeze frame these memories in my mind forever. Now I am going to give in to some cold medicine and hopefully get a good night sleep. 
I truly pray for all my family and friends and hope that each one of you are enjoying fall and your families! 
Blessings










No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.