Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Little Scary

I did something scary. I gave away my "fat girl" clothing. This is scary because I don't have the money to replace my wardrobe and I will always have some fear of going backwards. My closet and drawers are pretty empty. But in all honesty it feels really good that those cloths are gone!  I was so unhappy with my weight I used to buy clothing like no ones business! It really was a way for me to hide! 
I'm learning not to hide, and today I got to lead worship! I'm going to be bold and sing to the King!! My confidence took a real hit the past several years, through Christ I am gaining it back! I'm going to continue to pray for opportunities to lead, it's my heart to be brave and shine for Him. I did not sing perfectly but I sang alone for Christ and I want to sing again and again! The more and more I lead the better I will become for Him! I love worshiping The Lord so much! With each pound lost I will regain my confidence and sing with all glory to God! It's amazing how truly free I feel, I still get a little nervous because my sin is around my waist for all to see but those feelings will pass the more experience I have and the healthier I become. I'm on my way to being a healthy wife, mother and worship leader, and it's beyond exciting!    
I have a long way to go but I'm committed. I am only 5'3 so another 40 to 50 pounds will do me good. Taking it one prayer, and day at a time! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.