Sunday, February 11, 2018

Deputy Micha Flick

Our city was rocked by the death of Deputy Micha Flick. Our entire city was in morning over this tragic loss. Rachel, Micha’s wife is a friend of mine and his brother in law Kalani has been a friend of mine and Teddy’s since we were little kids. My best friend, Melissa and I had the opportunity to pray and grieve with Micha’s partner last week as she attends our church. We had the opportunity to hear first hand from this beautiful woman exactly what happened. I’m so incredibly thankful for the unshakable faith that this amazing family has shown. There is beauty in this tragedy as many in our city that don’t know the Lord have heard time and time agin this week about the Flick’s faith in God. Seeds were planted and I pray hearts have been changed. I debated on attending the memorial service but I was scheduled to lead worship. Though I could have found a replacement, I felt it was best to honor God with worship and praise for this family. It was a complete God decision as Micha’s procession went right by the church. Gary and the kids had the honor of watching the procession and standing in unity with many in our community. Yesterday it was said that Micha was not a victim but a Victor! Indeed he is, he is rejoicing with our Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.