Saturday, July 14, 2018

Chessman Trail

We love to hike and we did a new trail. A couple of weeks ago we went and scouted this place because we intended to camp out. We did the trail partially a couple of weeks ago. When we went to do the hike this time we decided to go a different way. Little did we know, what looked like a trail was not. So after about a mile of pretty good incline we found ourselves on the slope of a mountain. Turning back was dangerous and going forward was dangerous. We really had only one option and that was to climb up the mountain. I am terrified of heights so I had quite the panic moment. Gary guided our no fear kids half way up the mountain and watched them climb to the road above. When the kids were safe he then stayed at the half way mark because it was too dangerous to come back for me. He told me I had to make it to him on my own. I was literally panicking because of how stinking high and steep this climb was. I was praying that the Lord would miraculously just place me  on the road. Needless to say, we all lived. We backtracked and hiked the rest of the way. It was an adventure, one that I don’t want to repeat. It really was a beautiful day, this trail takes you all along the Haymen Burn area and into the revisor. We won’t be going back, look at my face.  I was still shaking! 































No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.