Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our New Reading Adventure

For several years now before bedtime we all sit together and read. We mostly read from the Bible or kids devotion books. I personally really enjoy this time and I hope it becomes a family tradition that we stick with even as the kids grow older, and our lives become more and more busy.  Tonight we are going to start reading a series of books that have been captivating so many for Lot's of years. C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia. My brother read these books when he was like nine or ten and I had not had any interest in these chronicles until I read Mere Christianity, The Problem of Pain and The Screwtape Letters. Mere Christianity is truly one of my all time favorite books, I will even say that C.S. Lewis is probably my favorite author. I am really looking forward to this evening when dinner and baths are all finished and we can sit together and begin this classic as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.