Sunday, January 9, 2011

Make Room for GOD!

Gary and I went through a program called "Break Free" about two years ago. This program transformed our lives. We learned so much about our selves and God changed us. We made some BIG changes to make room for our family to grow in Christ.
Here are some of the changes we made, not all happened at once it was gradual. Each change gave our family and person more time with God.
1) Limited TV and we cut WAY back on cable. We have a very basic service that gives us just a few channels.
2) Family Prayer, not just at the dinner table. Families need to pray together and talk with no distractions. We pray all the time together and it's a huge part of out family. Lilly won't go to school in the morning with out our morning prayer in the car.
3) Limited Activities. Ever feel like you live in your car going from place to place, activity to activity. We limited our activities.
4) Facebook is gone. This was mine I am super nosey, just ask my friend Sarah! I wasted so much time on that stupid page it is unreal. When I got rid of it my Facebook time became all Gods!
5)Personal Devotion. Both Gary and I are pretty adamant about our devotion time. I like to read the bible and pray at night Gary is a sicko morning person, that is just not right.
All these things have transformed how we live.
This next month we are starting a new series called "Soul Space" all about making room for God. I know there is more that I can get rid of in my life to make more room for God. Small simple changes for the One Who gave me everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.