Thursday, February 3, 2011

Revisiting Break Free

Gary and I had such an amazing spiritual experience during the Break Free series, that I try to keep everything I learned fresh. I keep some of my favorite lesson's tucked in my bible so I can revisit them often. Today I came across Lesson 8 which was all about Rejection and Insecurity. I know that I am not the only one who worries about what people think. From the way I live my life, sing, work, even what purse I carry :). Breaking down my pride has always been a little struggle for me, because in the back of my mind I want to please the "people". I don't want to disappoint anyone from my family, friends, co-worker and church. I like being dependable and trustworthy. Funny how these good things can take on an ugly personality, such as fitting in with the in crowd. Even as adults we struggle to find acceptance. I am accepted through Christ, He has done the work for me. I need no other acceptance but in Him.
I made this commitment once and I intend to stick by it!
I commit to reject the lies that my performance peoples opinion of me, or my possessions justify my existence. I have and will continue to devote myself to the truth that in Christ I am justified and accepted. I am committed to the truth that I am valuable and significant because I have been made in the image of God and redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ!
Break Free was so powerful and freeing. Gary and I changed so many things about the way we live and have found freedom in the Lord Jesus. I believe that break free is still on the pod cast at the Radiant Church website. If anyone would like a break free workbook I would be more than happy to get one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.