Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Space shuttle Discovery lands on STS-133, its final mission

Space shuttle Discovery lands on STS-133, its final mission

(Red Huber, Orlando Sentinel / March 9, 2011)
Space shuttle Discovery, STS-133, ends its historic career after the crew of 6 astronauts made a picture-perfect landing Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at the Kennedy Space Center.

I am not going to lie seeing that beautiful space ship land for the last time brought tears to my eyes. Can you imagine the exploration of space and what a rush it must feel like to travel up up and away. Praise God for the wonderful years of space exploration. I can only pray that we as a country can get it together and remember the importance of space exploration, and NASA. I can't believe that my kids won't be seeing a shuttle launch again anytime soon. So thankful to the men and women who devoted so much time, thought and effort into the science of sending a flying piece of foam into outer space. Thank you Space Shuttle Discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.