Thursday, September 8, 2011

Media Fast

I am smack dab in the middle of a 40 day media fast with the worship team. I HOPE THIS DID NOT MEAN MY BLOG!!!! I have been blogging like crazy because I think I kind of miss TV. Funny because we really don't watch a ton of it but I like the news and a little Housewives after everyone is in bed. It's my dirty little secret!

During this fast I have learned I can't be in two places at once. For those of you who know me know my passion is to sing. I have been singing my whole life. During my twenties I finally figured out I am made to sing for Him for His glory. There is no better feeling I get than singing to my Jesus. People come to the Lord during powerful movements of music, and  I get to be apart of that!
I left worship, I left my passion. I really thought I was doing the right thing. You see for about three years I not only have been leading worship I have been teaching the pre-school kiddos on Wednesday evenings. I have always wanted to work at church and was offered a position as the Director of pre-school ministries. I was really excited but I soon learned I would not be able to be involved with the worship team. I kid you not I cried like a baby in private of course. I convinced myself it was the right thing to do. After all I adore the kids and see them as the most precious in the sight of God. I love to see the look of a child when they speak of Jesus and when they pray is such a blessing. As much as I love and adore the kids this is not where I belong.
Romans 12:6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith.
I don't have the gift of teaching the children, I have the gift of leading worship and what a passion it is for me.
I am not the type of person to just quit, I believe that God has a plan. If He wanted me back on the worship team he would find a way, and indeed He did.
I have been offered a full time position with the financial institution I work for. This was not planned but good timing. I wanted to stay part time for as long as I could and I believe these six years of being home with my babies was exactly what God intended for my family. However with me working two part time jobs I am going in a different direction than my family and that is totally out of alignment with Gods plan for me. Gary and I thought and prayed long and hard before I accepted this position. Believe it or not I will actually have a better schedule and weekends off with my whole family, this is a huge blessing.
It was so hard to tell my friend Jen I was stepping down as the director, it's just not what God wants from me. I need to place my Family first and worship next everything else falls into place. I believe so strongly in Jesus that He has all ready found my replacement in children's ministry.
As for the worship team, I will be going back soon! Hopefully October or November. It's where I belong and I can't wait to see what God has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.