Sunday, September 11, 2011

Unusual Memory of September 11th 2001

I am a United States Air Force Brat and I have a button to prove it! This is something that I have always been so proud of.  Being  Air Force Brats Teddy and I can tell you what is flying overhead just by the sound. I can name a Fighter jet and cargo plane just by the sound. I can hear a F-16 from miles away. When I was a little girl my family was stationed at a sac Air Force base in New York. This base was home to the FB-111 I have pictures of me sitting on a missiles at the flight line. My dad used to take Teddy and I to the flight line here at Peterson AFB and we would watch all the different planes and jets do touch and goes. These were great memories. To this day I can sit in my living room and can tell if a commercial plane is flying overhead or a military plane. 
After Tuesday September 11, 2001 there was an erie silence there was no planes, with the exceptions of C-130's flying very low. The sound was a very scary reality. I can remember being on my mom and dad's deck watching a low flying C-130 passing right over head, it looked like it was going to land in the park.
This was a silence that just is not heard here in Colorado Springs. We are a huge military town we have an airport five miles up the road. We have planes flying over constantly. I will never forget the events of September 11, 2011 and I will never for the very real silence of no aircraft. 
This evening Gary, Lilly, Owen and I took several minutes to pray for our beloved USA. How thankful and proud we are that we have been chosen to live in the blessing of our great country. We pray this even for peace and a justice that only the Lord Jesus can bring. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.