Monday, October 24, 2011

I Just Needed A Pirate Hat

Ever find yourself in the wrong place? Not to mention the wrong place with your four year old? Owen is going to be a pirate for Halloween and I needed to find him a pirate hat. I thought going to the Halloween store next to our home was a good idea. That place should come with a warning! We literally walked in and walked out. I have never been a fan of Halloween I always thought it was super weird but now that I have kids I think putting them in costumes is fun. I sometimes think I must live in a bubble, because I totally did not expect to walk into a horror movie. The first thing I saw was a massive zombie thing with fake blood dripping everywhere, and next to it costumes any respectable lady would never wear. Not to mention no mother should ever let her teenage daughter wear. There should be some sort of warning on the front door that says not acceptable for children or really anyone. Made my stomach totally turn.

2 comments:

  1. Randy and i were looking for a cowboy hat for rory's harvest hoedown last week and i was in total shock when we walked in there too! Thankfully rory thought the crazy dead guy crawling across the floor was a monkey and i happily agreed that it was. But point being, i was in shock! I am pretty confident in saying that rory will never be wearing any of that "gore" as i will do my best to keep Halloween in our house a representation of what i remember. not what the commercial world displays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kellie,

    I thought it was just me. I always forget the ugly part of Halloween, probably because my kids are still princesses and hobo's! I think what made our shopping trip even stranger is that we were the only ones in the store! So eerie. Owen walked and and said cool, what is that? I was like.... well that is a dead guy! :) HA! I wish I could see the video I was so grossed out!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.