Saturday, March 31, 2012

Guns, What do You Think?

 Gary grew up hunting and going shooting for fun, not to mention he was in the military, Needless to say he is very comfortable around guns. I on the other hand am very uneasy around them. Don't get me wrong I am not against owing weapons just feel weird that I have them in my home especially with little guys. Everyone has heard the horror stories of the kids who accidental get  a hold of a weapon. While ours are secure in a huge safe and locked room I am still incredibly uneasy. This is a sore spot with Gary and I something we will never agree on. I sometimes think I am just playing the submissive wife while inside I am screaming GET THEM OUT OF OUR HOUSE!! Any way Gary and a bunch of the guys at our church have found a new fun thing to do and that is to go shooting at a local range. . So while this new fun time for the guys have come around I am seeing the guns in our home alot more. Like a couple of weeks ago one of the rifles were left on the counter, for like five seconds. And let me tell you I blew up! I felt the blood rush out of me and my mouth spoke all kinds of words that no respectable Christian gal would ever use. But I felt like I needed to convey my passion in a way that would show Gary I was concerned and ticked!
NOW LET ME EXPLAIN how this was explained to me.... Gary said it was all taken apart and I trust him that it was.....BUT in my world with a 6 and 4 year old around I believe they have no business ever being around them.While I always feel that responsible gun ownership is a necessity in our society I don't exactly support that thought in our own house.
 So I want to hear my friends opinions on this. Am I over reacting??
I don't want to squash guy time, but really what ever happened to climbing a rock and just camping with out the hoopla of shooting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.