Thursday, June 13, 2013

Black Forest Fire

My heart is just so broken today as we are watching the most destructive wild fire in the history of our city. And folks this is our backyard literally. We live only about 12 miles from where this fire started. The amount of homes that have been lost is around 360. These are homes of our friends and homes of our friend’s families and many co-workers.
I have been blessed with countless memories of playing in Black Forest! Teddy and I were so blessed to attend Falcon High School back in the day! We have many memories of swinging in the trees, staring at stars on the rooftops of barns that no longer exist and the black squirrels that are famous to this area. We played countless games of hide’ n seek, tag and those famous moments of chicken in the rafters of the Bryant’s barn. I can remember Matt Kram’s swing that swung in his front yard and the creepiness of Janna Grey’s house next to the cemetery. Escaping the prairie and heading to the trees as we called Black Forest, for shade was a staple in every Falcon kid’s life. Riding horses and learning to two step and water fights in the trees are just some of my memories I have and hold close to my heart today. I remember singing at countless Dean Drake rodeos in the forest and the time when Bridget and I got lost for hours searching for Matt Roberts house. I love Black Forest so much that Gary and I got married at the La Foret.
As of this morning we know of 34 of our family friends and co-workers that are now homeless and many more family friends and co-workers that are evacuated or on the pre evacuation list. The pre evacuation zone now includes our beloved Pastors.
Our God is so good and throughout this devastating fire one thing will remain and that is the faithfulness of our God. The things that are lost are just things. Our treasures are not stored in a place where moth, rust and fire can destroy. Our hope is placed in the unfailing love of our God.
Our family continues to pray together for our firefighters, military and county officials who are desperately trying to get a handle on this tragedy. We ask that all our family and friends please take a moment and pray.
In Prayer
Jenny
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.