Friday, June 27, 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday

I have been very confused lately about the person I see staring back at me in the mirror. She is not who I expect to see. What has happened to me? It looks like the woman in the mirror ate me... the only thing I recognize is the hair and that is still the same mess it’s always been. I had a moment… It was not good, trust me there was tears and maybe some babbling, whaling and just why me sounds coming from my master bathroom… I think I needed this moment and in all honesty it did me good.

I went to my Bible, not right away but the next morning after I fell asleep praying that overnight God would miraculously change my body and just make me normal again. I started to read  one of my favorite verses I was reminded that I need to Deny myself, I flipped my bible open to Matthew 16:24 just  as I have hundreds of times, but this time I read it with new eyes. Jesus said to his disciples, “ if any of you want to be my follower, you must deny your selfish ways, take up your cross and follow me.

Let’s hear those words again “ DENY” and how about “SELFISH”. Tough words for my Monday morning. But those were words from Jesus.

 Everything that is in THIS WORLD says just the opposite. The world tells us it’s okay to eat what we want, to spend money that we don’t have , to conform to this world. This is just the opposite of what Jesus says.

With Jesus, if I want to gain I must give up and deny my selfish ways. I want to be filled and I will be because I am willing to give up the needlessness. Sugar and carbohydrates do not fill me, He does. I am willing to go the distance for my relationship with Christ. I am willing to show Him that this body He gave me I will keep a temple for Him to live in. I will conquer my cravings and redirect them to the only One who can consume me.

I want to honor the Lord in every part of my life, I want to be a great wife, mother and worship leader and this stronghold needs to go in order for my life to align where He wants it. I have decided to post every Wednesday breaking down my progress. I thought about starting another blog, but decided against it because this is part of my family life. I am not making these changes just to feel and look better. I’m making these changes to become closer, more obedient and more dependent on Christ for every moment. Those little candy bar cravings are nothing compared to Jesus.  My prayer is not just for me but Lilly and Owen. I want them to know, feel and see my dependency on Christ in those little moments that we think don’t matter. I want my kids to know that Gary and I are not superheroes that we are nothing without Him.  

I’m not exactly sure of my goal, or even how long it will take me to get there but I’d like to start by losing 65 pounds. I started this week we hiked Seven Bridges, I walk about 45 minutes on my lunch breaks and at least 1 mile when I come home from work. All soda, junk and processed foods have been eliminated from my diet. I am waiting to get a caffeine headache and have a sugar meltdown but so far so good! God is speaking to me and though it’s only been a solid week I feel strong in Christ that I can do this!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.