Friday, October 31, 2014

Oh Boy!

Gary and I do not typically have a behavior problems with Lilly and Owen. They are generally very well behaved and have good and thankful attitudes. However for the last week or so I have truly wanted to ring both of their little necks. They both seem to think that they are in charge and worse yet stick together like a little gang. We have had it! They both have been very sloppy in the homework area and Gary and I are not going to tolerate this behavior and it’s time for us to do something. So, little does the tyrant gang know Gary and I have a plain, and they have two choices.

  1. They miss the Weird Wild and Whacky show.
  2.  Or they will have no TV, no Kindles, no fun books and will have to be in bed after homework or by 7:00 through the weekend until Wednesday. 

They have a choice to make. We truly believe in raising our kids with respectful and thankful hearts, there is nothing more disgusting than kids with bad attitudes that are whiny and unthankful and feel a sense of entitlement.  There is no excuse for bad behavior ever, and obviously we have done something very wrong as parents if our children have been misbehaving. Gary and I love Lilly and Owen so much and believe in training them in the way that they should go, so when they are old they will not depart from it. The Bible speaks in Proverbs about not withholding discipline from our children, and apparently we have been too relaxed. These are two very good, sweet little people they just need a reality check and a reminder of who to obey!

I speak very highly of my children and they make Gary and I very proud but  we are over the little attitudes, this behavior is enough and we love our kids more than  enough to be tough. I write these posts ever so often as a reminder that we need God in every moment of our lives and the toughest moments are where we need Him the most. I also want a reminder for when Lilly and Owen are parents…I will surly bring these post out for pay back! :)

 

They really are cute, but I love them enough to punish their little butts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.