Monday, November 3, 2014

Dying With Dignity

There has been much talk on social media and in the news of Oregon’s Dying With Dignity law. This is a law that allows terminally ill people to take their own lives in order to shorten their suffering, pain and what some people would think dignity. I have been praying for a young lady who recently choose to move to Oregon to take advantage of this law. This young lady was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and posted a video on social media to share her story about why she choose November 1st as the day she would end her life. In all honesty I prayed she would change her mind and choose to let The Lord take her home in His time.


I can't help but think of the day that I will ascend to Heaven. I also want to die with dignity, however my dignity will be in Christ and in Him alone. If that means that I fade away to a mindless ball of bones or feel more pain than I can contemplate then so be it. The beauty in my life is through Christ Jesus and in the event of my death and darkest moments I pray that He is the only light I will see.  


I do not live for my dignity, my worthiness or even my self-respect. I live that Jesus Christ might be glorified through me. Until my last breath I will live to glorify And passionately purse The Lord. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.