Thursday, February 5, 2015

Season

Purpose is a strange thing to ponder. I am involved with a women’s group at my church that is doing a daily devotion about walking with God in the season of motherhood. One theme is purpose. What is my purpose? Do you know yourself well enough to know what your purpose is in this life, in this season. I feel like we have great balance in this group because we have mothers of all ages including women who have raised their children and are now grandmothers. It’s fantastic to have different opinions and seasons all in one room.

 

I can’t help but feel a little like the odd lady out in a sense, and have felt this way in church for some time.  I am incredibly focused on Christ, I feel saturated in Him but long for more and more and more. I want to talk about Christ in my home and how I work in a secular world all while passionately pursuing Him, I want to think and see and dig into politics and the crumbling of the world around us and how we as women and  mothers who are passionately pursuing Christ are raising kids to remain faithful to God during turmoil in the world. I want to boldly pray with these women about our hearts, kids and seeking the narrow road. I’m not getting that and I’m hungry to solve the world problems in discussion and prayer. I’m not a deep emotional thinker, but I am dang well aware of the sickness and perversion of the world and my purpose as a mom is to make known to my kids they can either follow the world or they can be bold and brave and stand up to the evil and be righteous. I am not as concerned with the popularity, sporting events or academic world of my kids as I am concerned with the heart of Christ inside my child. Don’t get me wrong supporting and encouraging Lilly and Owen are incredibly important to Gary and I, we love to encourage, push and watch our littles grow improve, succeed and reach for goals,  but how important is a temporary high of the world? What really matters is with Christ all things are possible. Once our children get this truth they will be world changes who are unstoppable!

 

SO my purpose is to teach my kids to long and beg for more of God not more  compliance with the world. I pray they are thinking and choosing Jesus in every step…

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.