Friday, November 25, 2011

Pep Talk

We really enjoy decorating our home for Christmas. It's a tradition that we as a family do it every year after Thanksgiving. Gary pulled all the indoor decorations for me and the kiddos to start on the inside of the house before he headed outside. After about ten minutes Gary comes back in with a look like oh yeah.... So last year we had a horrible wind storm that broke our hanging lights. We both forgot about this.
And out of my mouth came the most horrible words ever..................................No big deal lets go to Wal-Mart real quick and get some. So all four of us get dressed and head out the door. We made it to the parking lot when I started to have a panic attack. I could feel the crowds in the parking lot. So I stood silent while Gary and the kids happily started into the store. Gary told me to stop being dramatic and lets do this thing. I actually started praying. PLEASE JESUS HELP ME BE KIND IN THE WAL-MART. I made it in the door and my hands were shaking, I could hardly breath. There were people everywhere stuffing their carts will all kind of stuff. We made it to the Christmas area with all the other people. We managed to grab six packs of hanging LED lights and an eight foot snowman. And then we were ready to go......................So we thought.........................The worst part, the checkout. I was starting to melt down and breath heavy, Lilly reassured me I was going to live. She actually asked me if I needed a coke! We waited in this horrible line as I prayed and Gary gave me a pep talk. You can do this.....As Owen kept asking what can mommy do.....And then it happened.  Why this happens I just don't know, but it happens every stinking time I am at Wal-Mart. Those cashiers feel the need to switch the people working at the register. I kid you not we were in line for like  twenty minutes and right when it was our turn they feel the need to switch. Ok I lost it just a little, I lost it nicely kind of. I literally said. Why on earth do you all do this every time I am in line? And why is it that you can't just open another lane and close this one. Who on earth thought this was a good idea to stop everything and put a new person in. Good grief........... Ok I was not nasty really  and I said it in a very joking manner that had the cashier and the people in line laughing. Moral is I knew better than to go to Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving. However I am blessed and thankful that I could go, and even more thankful my house is decorated and cozy for Christmas. Now let it snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.