Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Note

Lilly and Owen have planners that they carry back and forth to school. They are really cool and I would love to have one for myself. Anyway this is another way for the parents to keep in touch with the teacher besides the class websites. Yesterday when I went to sign off on Owens planner there was a note. It was not a happy note one of praise and your child is awesome but rather a note of Owen had a hard day at school listening and being a distraction. This is the kind of note every parent dreads, we have never gotten this kind of note before and were mortified!

So Owen is quite the comedian and has a bit of the performer in him. He thinks everything is funny and he loves to try and make people laugh. He needs to learn there is a time and a place and learning time is definitely not the place.

 

So Gary and I asked Owen what happened and the story goes something like this.

Owen said there is this kid and he had the hiccups, I thought it was funny. I laughed and laughed and then every time he would have a hiccup I would pretend I would have a hiccup. My friends were laughing and Mrs. Harper asked me to stop and I started laughing harder. And then she made me stand in the back of the class room and that was it, she wrote you a note.

 

The way Owen told this story was hilarious, Gary and I did everything we could not to look at each other, had we looked at one another we would have lost it. Thankfully Gary was able to keep his composer long enough to lecture Owen and send him to bed early. He was told if this happens again he will not be allowed to go to his Lego Building class. He did have to write an apology note to his teacher and was in bed at 6:30. Oh the  joys of parenting!

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.