Saturday, July 18, 2015

Get Off My Trail

I think I'm having a people meltdown! No I'm positive I'm having a meltdown. Sometimes I need a serious  break from work and the mundane of the week. I love people and genuinely care for those around me but I'm also a major hermit who loves to be secluded on a mountain somewhere. This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn to do a quick munchie trip for a hike we had been looking forward too all week, after I returned home we literally left about 6:45am and made our way through Cheyenne Canyon to one of our favorite hikes called Seven Bridges. We love this hike, is pretty easy and just beautiful and ends at Loud's cabin or what's left of it. Anyway it's one of our favorites and the kids are obsessed with this cabin. Well we get to the parking area and it was jammed packed with people. I must say I was ticked. I was not a happy hiker at all. I mean this was my hike, not the abundance of California license plates I saw. I mean come on, freaking CA found my trail! Anyway after fuming and sulking and a little bad mouthing of CA, we decided to just head to South Catamount  Reservoir. I love going to this reservoir it's beautiful and plenty of open space that I will not punch anyone. So my happy dreams of seclusion were beginning to re flood my memory when Owen puked all over the backseat, and then ten minutes later Lilly puked all over the backseat. At this point I must say I'm blaming CA for ruining my day... 

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny. Im sorry the kids got sick, I can relate to needing a people break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got over it, and the kids were fine once we got home. I had a bad moment, it was my lack of coffee! Lol
    I think we are going to try it again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break

I’m morning Spring Break... We had such a great time from movies to Denver and Salida. Thankful summer is right around the bend.